Alphabet Books: Before I Fall

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet...

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet at a time.

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver

They say to live every day as if it’s your last – but you never actually think it’s going to be. You always think you’ll have more time. That’s what I thought. But I was wrong. What if, like me, you could live your last day over again? Could you make it perfect? If your whole life flashed before your eyes, would you have any regrets? Are there things you’d want to change?

It’s not often that you come across a book that changes your life. I can honestly say that this book make me reevaluate myself and my actions towards others in a way that I had never felt before. Let me be honest with you, on first glance I thought this was going to be another YA book with a stereotypical plot – this book however, was anything but stereotypical, it was thought provoking and honest.

Samantha thought she had it all, and the harsh reality of the situation makes her realise that the things she thought were important are the least of her worries in the long run. Throughout the book you see the transformation of a girl with popularity, the hottest boyfriend and the most amazing friends completely change herself to do the right thing. It’s a wonderful life changing story that will make you stop and think about the world around you.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images