Alphabet Books: Clockwork Angel

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphab...

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet at a time.

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London’s Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by – and torn between – two best friends and quickly realises that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

The Infernal Devices series is one of my favourite. The writing is so addictive and the character development is second to none, I felt attached to each and every one of the characters and even the bad guys weren’t just bad for no reason like a lot of other fictional characters. I can say that Cassandra Clare has most certainly fuelled my love for historical based fiction, there’s something alluring and enchanting about fantasy fiction set in a different era. I think it’s the juxtaposition of magic against another time that creates something so wonderful.

I’m not one for love triangles either, so when it came to light in the book I wasn’t best pleased. I can honestly say however, that this is the best love triangles that I have ever read and despite my tendency to predict outcomes, I couldn’t see how it was going to pan out with the three of them. I myself am a Will fan through and through though; there’s something about the witty, arrogant, sarcastic types that I absolutely adore and love reading about.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images