Alphabet Books: The Darkest Minds

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabe...

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet at a time.

The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken

When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something frightening enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that got her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government "rehabilitation camp." She might have survived the mysterious disease that had killed most of America’s children, but she and the others emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they could not control. Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

I was extremely excited to get this book imported over due to the fact that it hadn’t been released in the UK. I had heard so many amazing things about this book and the premise was extremely intriguing.

After reading it however, I was extremely disappointed on how it all played out – I felt as though an excellent storyline had been put second to an unnecessary love story. It seemed extremely out of place in the particular situation that the kids were in. They were being hunted by the government, but throughout all that they realised that they had feelings for eachother – personally, I think my feelings would be to escape over finding the love of my life. It spoiled the book for me, and I don’t feel the storyline was explored enough due to the blossoming love, it seemed to be a bit of a waste.

I do think however, that the major hype of this book over the booktube community had raised my expectations of this novel to the highest of heights – maybe this is why I was dropped from some a great one.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images