Unfinished Series

As mentioned in my Finished Series post last week, I don't seem to be all that good at finishing series. These are a few of the series ...

As mentioned in my Finished Series post last week, I don't seem to be all that good at finishing series. These are a few of the series that I would love to finish sometime soon:

 

Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathan Stroud

I have read the first two books but never seem to make it to the third for some reason. I started these in my teenage years and even attempted rereading the whole series last year. When reading the first book again it was like reading the book for the first time again, which was an absolutely amazing experience - it was just as brilliant as I remember it being. I loved the djinni Bartimaeus to bits as he was extremely funny, witty and some of the things that he would say would literally have me laughing out loud. I tend to love sarcastic characters like Bartimaeus and funnily enough some of my favourite series have involved sarcasm to a massive extent and this isn't an exception.

Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin

This series, as you can imagine, I am trying to take slow. This high fantasy series, of which I'm sure you are all aware, is huge to say the least. I have read up to the second book so far and am trying to take it slow; I don't think I'd be mentally able to marathon two of these books in a row, let alone the whole series. It's just too dense physically and in its writing for me to take any enjoyment out of rushing it.

Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson

I wish I could have finished this series already. In my opinion, this series rivals, if not betters, the Song Of Ice And Fire series, which is a very bold statement to make. It's high fantasy in a different light, written in the most stunningly eloquant manner that just lures you in begging you to read more of it's 600 odd pages. It's just as hefty as Martin's work but it's a lot easier to read without taking away the complexity of the universe. It's just fantastic and Sanderson is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors. This is one of those series that you need to read if you enjoy fantasy and magic systems as the magic system in this series is superb.

Harry Potter - JK Rowling

Don't hate me for this one - I know it's shameful. I absolutely loved Harry Potter when I was younger and even whilst rereading the whole series now I still love it just as much as I did. Plain and simply, I just never completed the series because I've never read the last book. I've got the last book, and I've read about a quarter of it, but I just never got around to finishing it and I genuinely have no idea why. As aforementioned I'm rereading the whole series to remember everything that happened so I can finally get to putting this on my completed series list.

Discworld - Terry Pratchett

I love the late Terry Pratchett's work so much. His fantasy series of the Discworld has some of the funniest, wittiest and cleverest works that I have ever read. I don't have an excuse for this one other than the fact that the series is huge; and I don't mean huge as in the books are a thousand pages long, but the series is just made of so many books that I haven't had time to read them all along with the other books that I want to read. I will do it though, I'm sure of it.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images