Top Ten Tuesday: Books From My Childhood

These are books that are part of series that (coincidentally) I haven't finished, from my childhood. I would absolutely love to, at some...

These are books that are part of series that (coincidentally) I haven't finished, from my childhood. I would absolutely love to, at some point, revist these books that at one point I absolutely adored.


Stormbreaker - Anthony Horowitz

The Alex Rider series (despite never finishing them) was the first series in my childhood that I remember absolutely loving. The idea of a child spy was insanely cool to me and I loved all of the gizmos and gadgets that he was given on every quest.

The Edge Chronicles - Paul Stewart

I don't remember too much about this fantasy series other than the fact I really enjoyed reading it at the time and I adored the illustrations by Chris Riddle who I have recently found again on instagaram. I would love to read this again as I believe that it would be like reading it for the first time.

Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathan Stroud

Now, this was one of my favourite series as I was growing up (again) despite the fact that I didn't finish them. Bartimaeus was a djinni with an attitude and I loved his witty sarcastic manner which I found, and still find, laugh out loud funny.

Harry Potter - JK Rowling

Again, Harry Potter is mentioned. Even though I was never a "Potterhead" queuing up at midnight for the newest release and then reading it in a day, I was still an avid reader of this series. Like everybody else, I was hooked from the first book and unlike many today it was a book and not a video game that ruled my childhood.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images