Thursday Quotables: City Of Lost Souls

" Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon. Imagine if I actually put in some effort." - Jace I'm tryi...

"Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon. Imagine if I actually put in some effort." - Jace

I'm trying to finally finish The Mortal Instruments series and I'm currently on book 5. I'm still not a massive fan of this series; don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's not my favourite. I can't stand the romance aspect of this series and I believe that it plays a major role in this series and really directs Clary which really bugs me. The series could be just as amazing if it didn't have the romance playing such a big part; as with The Infernal Devices.

I'm constantly comparing the two series together and sometimes I feel as though I'm boring myself but it's what I believe (maybe it's because I read Clockwork Angel before City Of Bones, but who knows). Jace is like Will, or Will is like Jace. They are just as arrogant as eachother but Will has the clever wit that Jace doesn't, and I feel as though some of the quotes Jace speaks towards the end of the series are just becoming vulgar - not so vulgar that they cannot be written in a YA novel but a bit too sexually cringey for my likings. I mean, imagine if someone said half of the stuff that Jace says to you, I know I wouldn't be too impressed.

Hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies, let us know your favourite quote of the week from what you are reading

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Interesting! I never read past the 3rd book (at the time, I didn't realize there were more). Doesn't sound like you're really sold on the series, and I guess I don't feel all that compelled to go back to it -- especially if Jace is a jerk!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I've got a very controversial opinion on this series as everyone I see absolutely loves it. But I feel as though for myself I'm finishing the series to finish the series. They're okay but I've read better YA.

      Delete

Flickr Images