Alphabet Books: Eragon

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphab...

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet at a time.

Eragon - Christopher Paolini

When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he think it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realised he has stumbles upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic and power. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.

Here’s a fun fact for you all: did you know that Christopher Paolini was around 16 when he wrote this book? Amazing right!

This book is amazingly descriptive and vivid, when reading this I felt as though I was actually there and could picture every single thing that was happening. It’s fast paced and action packed and although the characters leave a lot to be desired, they were definitely believable as it wasn’t just plain sailing with them.

Admittedly I read this book a couple of years back so am a little rusty on the details of that book but I can say one thing; it’s definitely a book with a good moral – it encourages you to believe in yourself no matter what hurdles you may face along the way you can do whatever you put your mind to. This is what Eragon has to go through and what he incites the reader to do also.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images