Alphabet Books: The Fault In Our Stars

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphab...

In order to showcase the books that I own, I have created a little segment whereupon I will go through each book one letter of the alphabet at a time.

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

Despite the tumour-shrinking medical miracle that had bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist names Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

This was a book of firsts for me – the first book I read in an afternoon, and the first book I cried uncontrollably about for an hour after I had finished the book. As you may or may not know, I am an emotionless robot when it comes to books, I just don’t cry – if you tell me that I will bawl into despairing tears it’s pretty probable that I won’t. This book however is the anomaly in that and I am not ashamed to admit it.

The story focusses in on the love of two people in a dire situation; and this book shows that you can fight through love. This isn’t a stereotypical love story and it isn’t sugarcoated in the slightest, it deals with the raw emotions in an original thought provoking way that I didn’t think was possible in a book of this nature. The way it makes you laugh, cry and hate was is happening to them at the same time is something that makes this book so honest. It isn’t just about looking at the negatives of the problem, it’s about taking advantages of the positives and living life to the full whilst you are able to. It teaches you to be free and it teaches others to see the world from another persons point of view – life is there to be lived and we are all only here for a short amount of time.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images